The Destination can be just as Magical closer to Home!
There are often Stunning Locations right on your Doorstep!
I’ve spoken to many friends and couples who have had to adapt their wedding plans over the past year and some who have made huge changes. One couple I knew had booked to get married overseas in Mexico this year with 20 guests and changed this to having a small garden wedding for six. I even know a couple who cancelled everything and got married in the registry office, just the two of them, deciding to celebrate later when things get back to normal, when they can throw a big party they explained.
The past year has been a good time to reflect on what’s really important in life and that has definitely filtered down into people’s wedding plans.
If you dream of getting married near the beach in a beautiful coastal location but are still nervous about what the next year or two holds for travel plans and restrictions, then it’s worth considering it doesn’t always have to be abroad. There are some stunning coastlines and beautiful beaches all over the UK. Here in Kent, for example, we have some of the most beautiful beaches and countryside imaginable, ideal for a stunning wedding at home. In Margate and surrounding areas alone we have a plethora of beautiful beaches and some fabulous venues and suppliers to provide a fun and fabulous coastal or tropical themed wedding, so if you dream of a lovely relaxed beach style wedding in a paradise location you may not have to travel so far.
When you think about what is at the top of your wedding wish list, what things are really important to you? It could be just having a small intimate occasion with close friends and family close to home or somewhere local, maybe the food is super important to you, or music is your passion, or maybe you just adore flowers and this is your number one on the list. It’s a good time to reflect on the really important elements to see how these can be achieved over the coming year and into 2022 for your wedding plans. If like many people I know, you have put your plans on hold or are considering what to do next in terms of going abroad for a beach wedding, now is definitely the time to think about planning something closer to home whilst still getting your dream day just how you’d imagined.
Here are my top five reasons why planning a coastal wedding in the UK can be just as special as jetting off to the Caribbean:
1. Whilst you cannot physically get married on the beach in England you can get pretty close with some stunning venues dotted all around the country, especially in beautiful locations including Devon, Cornwall, and Kent. Having a beautiful tropical beach style Wedding in the U.K is easily achievable with some of the lovely destinations we have available nearby, in fact, it can be just as special as going overseas, sometimes when I watch the sunset in Margate on a hot clear day with the shimmering sea beside me I feel like I could be anywhere in the world, Ibiza, Italy or even Jamaica sometimes, and with some amazing nearby venues and creative suppliers it is easy to achieve a gorgeous beach themed wedding both here and in other lovely locations all over England.
2. It has never been more important to show support for your local businesses and suppliers than it is now, and what better way to show support than by staying local and using some of your local suppliers and independent businesses for your wedding or special event. Somewhere like Margate, for example, is a hub for incredible and talented creative businesses, and here alone, there is a wide range of fantastic wedding suppliers on offer, ranging from quirky venues to amazing caterers, to hugely talented designers, stationery suppliers, stylists and florists.
It’s the perfect time to arrange your special day close to home and to see what is on offer locally and see how you can show support for your local area, whilst organising the day of your dreams.
3. Many people’s finances have been affected by the recent year, and I know many couples have certainly had to scale down their wedding plans, a small intimate occasion at home can certainly save costs when compared to going abroad, savings can be made from flights and accommodation and spent on important elements at home. Perhaps you can now afford that hot local florist you’ve had your eye on.
4. With the help of an experienced wedding planner and in my case one with extensive knowledge of somewhere tropical such as Jamaica, I can help you achieve something authentic and with the same feel and vibes, just a bit closer to home. My knowledge and experience will ensure you achieve your vision exactly as you hoped, there will be no settling for anything less than your dream day.
5. If you love everything tropical and want to include this theme in your wedding it’s just as easy to accomplish something stunning at home with beautiful styling and decor. Even gorgeous tropical blooms can easily be ordered in for your special day, just check out those lovely tropical anthuriums I used here for the images on the website, which came from a fabulous local supplier just down the road.
’ve had friends arranging garden weddings to just a couple tying the knot alone and having a couple of friends celebrate with them. Smaller, Intimate events are definitely the way forward and with this in mind its the perfect opportunity to consider a small beach side wedding and what better place than a tropical island somewhere beautiful. Here I have given my top 10 reasons why 2022 is the year to
I’ve been passionate about events ever since I started out in my career. And whilst I offer a relaxed style of planning, I am also highly experienced, extremely organised, and have an acute eye for detail. I have a first class degree in event management and over fifteen years of experience working in the industry, co-ordinating a huge range of events from high profile parties to Weddings and Corporate Events. I have been involved in curating events at every stage from the initial planning to managing everything on the day. I would love to help and inspire you to achieve your hopes and dreams for your special day.
I’m a huge romantic and just love everything wedding related. While travelling and living in Jamaica I realised that some couples really want a beautiful but intimate and relaxed occasion by the beach and this is where the idea of Waves was born. If your vision for your special day includes spending time with the people you love, delicious food, amazing music, and an incredible destination, I can definitely help with this. I have organised all types of events, from dinners for 10 to conferences of 300. However, I especially love organising an intimate event where you can concentrate on the setting, destination, and making it an amazing experience somewhere inspiring.
Throughout my career I have trained extensively in various areas of events, from negotiation, to making the most of venue show rounds, to effective supplier and client management. Most recently I have trained with the UKAWP which is a fantastic organisation and the leading industry body for the UK wedding industry. They are a trusted resource for the best wedding planners and suppliers for your special day.
My other passion is travel and I adore tropical islands and beautiful beaches. To me there is nothing more beguiling than turquoise waters and coral skies. I have been lucky to visit some amazing destinations in my time, including America, Central America and some of the Caribbean.
With my experience and knowledge you can rest assured your special day is in very safe hands with me!